Dear Diary,
Last night I had a nightmare.
Other people might call it a dream,
but to me, it was basically as nightmare-ish as they get.
You see, I was scheduled to give a presentation --
not just any presentation,
but a presentation to a large group of executives.
This presentation of sorts,
was scheduled to take place in the middle of a day-long conference.
And by scheduled,
I mean "loosely" scheduled.
There wasn't a definitive start time.
I was just supposed to come up to the podium
and begin when called upon.
Well, the conference went on for a few hours
and I finally took a 15-minute break
to grab some ice cream with Jeremiah real quickly.
As I strolled back in to the conference,
the conference leader was closing in prayer.
I'm not particularly sure when the conference
turned in to some sort of spiritual meeting,
but I knew the prayer signaled the end of the conference.
I had missed it.
I had absolutely dropped the ball,
forgotten my responsibilities,
and missed my presentation.
The dream (er, nightmare) continued
as multiple people rebuked me
and eventually fired me.
Then I woke up.
I'm so thankful that wasn't real life.
With Love,
A Recovering Perfectionist
Last night I had a nightmare.
Other people might call it a dream,
but to me, it was basically as nightmare-ish as they get.
You see, I was scheduled to give a presentation --
not just any presentation,
but a presentation to a large group of executives.
This presentation of sorts,
was scheduled to take place in the middle of a day-long conference.
And by scheduled,
I mean "loosely" scheduled.
There wasn't a definitive start time.
I was just supposed to come up to the podium
and begin when called upon.
Well, the conference went on for a few hours
and I finally took a 15-minute break
to grab some ice cream with Jeremiah real quickly.
As I strolled back in to the conference,
the conference leader was closing in prayer.
I'm not particularly sure when the conference
turned in to some sort of spiritual meeting,
but I knew the prayer signaled the end of the conference.
I had missed it.
I had absolutely dropped the ball,
forgotten my responsibilities,
and missed my presentation.
The dream (er, nightmare) continued
as multiple people rebuked me
and eventually fired me.
Then I woke up.
I'm so thankful that wasn't real life.
With Love,
A Recovering Perfectionist
No comments:
Post a Comment