Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Savor the Season

A funny thing happens
as the seasons change.

Sometimes I get so gosh-darn excited for the upcoming season
that I forget what I love so much about the current season.

Case in point:

I'm wearing boots and a scarf today.
And I've been lighting my pumpkin candles, drinking pumpkin lattes
and making pumpkin cupcakes since the calendar struck September 1.
I'm so eager to dive into this next season,
that I begin to disregard the end of the current season.
Failing to savor all the warmth and fun it has to offer.

Soon enough, I'll be ready to dive head-first into Christmas.
And then I'll be longing for the Opening Day and for flowers to bloom.
Then yet again pining for poolside pina coladas.

I live out the same pattern
when it comes to life seasons.

Today, I remember to savor the season.
The seasons will change soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment